Thursday, November 03, 2005

I know this is totally unfounded, by I'm decidedly heartened by the fact that Sam Alito is a baseball nut:

In recent years, Alito insisted on wearing a baseball uniform while coaching Little League. As an appellate judge, he hung in his chambers a large poster of former Philadelphia Phillies baseball star Mike Schmidt. He went to baseball fantasy camp and had a baseball card made of himself.
I like baseball. He likes baseball. What else could possibly matter?

(The rest of that column, by the way, is pretty good, and contains the admirable line, "Washington is a town of geeks and misfits who, for the most part, suppress their inner dorks much of the time.")

2 comments:

SamuelAlito said...

But I like the Phillies, and I'm moving to the town where these guys play

Sam

Mike said...

I know how you feel, Judge. Try being a Pirate fan in Virginia.