Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Here's a question. (And in the style of Tim Russert, this is not a hypothetical! This is reality!)

Suppose Clinton stays in the race through at least Pennsylvania.
Suppose that during the next month, she takes big swings at Obama, wounding him in the process.
Suppose that Clinton eventually loses, and the nomination goes to Obama.
And suppose that Obama -- wounded from the long primary -- loses to McCain in the general.

Just how angry do you suppose Democrats will be? "She's a jerk, but I'll forget about it in two years" angry? "I can't believe she did that, and I look forward to donating money to her primary opponent in New York in 2012" angry? "Holy shit, she's doomed the planet, she is dead to me" angry? Or "Holy shit, the Clintons have doomed the planet, they are both dead to me" angry?

[I think I'd be somewhere between 3 and 4.]

No comments: