Monday, November 14, 2005

As much as I hate (really, hate) to link to the Washington Times, this would certainly appear to be newsworthy.

"It has been an honor and source of personal satisfaction for me to serve in the office of the Solicitor General during President Reagan's administration and to help to advance legal positions in which I personally believe very strongly," [Alito] wrote [in 1985]. "I am particularly proud of my contributions in recent cases in which the government has argued in the Supreme Court that racial and ethnic quotas should not be allowed and that the Constitution does not protect a right to an abortion."

1 comment:

Mike said...

It wasn't so much a matter of me reading the Washington Times as it was a matter of me reading the Hotline, which reads the Washington Times. The Times did break this story, though, so even if I'd gotten the quote from CNN, I probably would have linked back to the Moonies. It's only fair.