Saturday, October 09, 2004

Debate Bests!

  • Best Ridiculousness, Bush: "I guess you'd say, uh... I'm a good steward of the land." Oh, the chuckles. Yes, Dubya, you're practically President Johnny Appleseed.
  • Best Ridiculousness, Kerry: The four and a half minutes he spent gesturing to his neck and saying "ub... ub... ubb..." while searching for the word "paraplegic."
  • Best Good Line, Bush: N/A
  • Best Good Line, Kerry: "The military’s job is to win the war. The president’s job is to win the peace." Very nicely done.
  • Best Ridiculousness, Bush (Part II): "So, no, I’ll have no litmus test [for Court nominees], except for how they interpret the Constitution." Isn’t that a lot like saying, "I didn’t eat any breakfast, except for that omelet, and the English muffin, and the bagel, and the fruit, and the orange juice"?

    Overall, I'd call this one a tie, with a lean toward Kerry that may or may not be the result of my personal biases. Either way, I don't think either candidate walked away with it. Bush, as loathe as I am to say it, seemed a bit more likable than last time, and that's no good for anyone (except, maybe, you know... Bush).

  • No comments: