Thursday, August 03, 2006

Two articles worth reading:

  • On Sunday, the NYT profiled the pastor of a "megachurch" in Minnesota who's been making a laudable effort to separate church and state.
  • On Monday, the NYT profiled a "conservative boot camp" run by the Young America's Foundation.
The two have little to do with each other (aside from the fact that both are about places that scare liberals), but I read them within hours of one another, and it occurred to me that - with a relatively small amount of thought - I ought to be able to come up with some pithy connection between the two of them.

That was three days ago, and I haven't really had time to come up with anything, so in the spirit of better-now-than-never, I'll just post the links instead. But I want you all to know that I meant to write something coherent.

(Incidentally, the hiatus continues. I'll return full-time at the end of August.)

No comments: